FundAnything™ Donald Trump $1 Million for One Great Idea CompetitionOFFICIAL RULES
THIS COMPETITION IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND IS GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT PARITICPATE UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The FundAnything™ Donald Trump $1 Million for One Great Idea Competition (“Competition”) is open only to individuals or small businesses. Entrants must raise at least $10,181,000 through a FundAnything campaign for a novel idea. Entrant must be a legal U.S. resident 18 years of age or older. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Crowdfund International, LLC (“Sponsor”), its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, as well as the members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to compete. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO COMPETE: The Competition begins at or about 12:00:00 pm MT on October 16, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm MT on April 16, 2015 (the “Competition Period”); however you must raise at least $10,181,000 within the first five months of the Competition, by March 16, 2014. To apply, visit www.fundanything.com (“Website”) during the Competition Period and follow directions to start a campaign.
Submission of a Campaign grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Campaign in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without further consideration.
3. HOW TO WIN: You must do both of the following: a) Be the first to raise at least $10,181,000 through a FundAnything campaign for a novel idea by March 16, 2014, and b) be the first to execute on the novel idea, bring the novel idea to market (build the product or offer the service to the public), and deliver on 100% of all promised campaign awards no later than April 16, 2015.
4. DISQUALIFICATION: You will be disqualified if you a) break any of these rules; b) fail to follow any of the FundAnything Terms of Service; or c) raise funds by any means other than a bona fide crowdfunding campaign. You are strictly prohibited from self-funding your campaign in whole or in part. Other grounds for disqualification are stated elsewhere in these rules. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant, even if in technical compliance with these Rules, whose conduct substantially undermines or is otherwise inconsistent with the purpose of the competition, which purpose is to challenge entrants to raise at least $10,181,00 through a bona fide crowdfunding campaign in support of a novel idea.
5. FINALIST NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION: A Finalist is someone who raises $10,181,000 through a FundAnything Campaign within the required time period. Finalists will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a Participation Agreement and identify all other owners of the Idea within five (5) days of attempted notification or Finalist status may be forfeited. Each Finalist is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Each Finalist will also be subject to a background check (including but not limited to criminal history) and must authorize the background check. If any Finalist has been charged with or convicted of a felony or any other crime that would reflect negatively on the Sponsor, the Finalist may be disqualified, subject to the sole discretion of Sponsor. Failure to provide all required information and a valid signature on the documents will result in disqualification.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: $1,000,000, awarded in the form of a check.
7. PRIZE TERMS: Prizes are not transferable. Federal, state, and local taxes on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance of and use of prize not specified herein are the responsibility of winner.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsor is not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone service, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may affect the ability of consumers to participate, or for any damage to any participant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation in this Competition. All Campaigns must include a valid email address. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a winner, the Campaign will be deemed initiated by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Campaign start (i.e. the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address). Potential winners may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Campaign. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the promotion of the offer, administration of the Competition or in the announcement of the winner. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Competition or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Competition is severely undermined by any event beyond the control of Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within the control of Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Competition without any further obligation. If, for any reason, whether or not subject to the Sponsor’s control, Sponsor ceases operations or does not substantially continue its business operations, then the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Competition without any further obligation. If Sponsor, in its sole discretion, elects to alter this Competition as a result of a Force Majeure event, a notice will be posted on www.FundAnything.com. By participating in this Competition, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all Campaign requirements; (ii) to hold Sponsor, its representatives, directors, officers, agents, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, employees and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless against any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses and liability that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Competition or from the receipt or use of any prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any prize; and (iii) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize. Winner, by acceptance of a prize, grants to Sponsor and its designees the right to use winner's name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information in perpetuity for purposes of advertising and trade in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, without further compensation, or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. As a condition of participating in this Competition, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition or the prizes awarded shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Further, in such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive; incidental; or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participants actual out of pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with initiating a Campaign), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Competition materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Sponsor: Crowdfund International, LLC, 1776 Park Avenue, Suite 4161, Park City, UT 84060 USA